Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Personal Story of Making Money With E-Books


How many times have thought about having your own business, but didn't know what to do? Well, I used to be the guy that always had the desire to try something new but didn't know what where to start and what to sell.

And then my life changed. My boss told me that he needed to cut my hours in half because of the bad economy. That's when I decided to supplement my income selling e-books. When I first started I didn't know how easy or how difficult selling e-books would be, but I really didn't have a choice. I needed income and I needed to sell something that I could get my hands on for practically nothing.

I had a few friends who had started their own businesses and all them had to create LLCs and other structures. While I thought that was important, I really didn't have time or the funds to create an entirely new business. I needed something that I could start selling right away.

So, I started looking at resell rights to e-books and jumped right in. I thought long and hair about this, because with a young family at home depending on me, I couldn't fail. I need things to work.

Because I had a decent email list of friends and family, I took advantage of that and sent them an email explaining my situation and telling them that I am selling eBooks and gave them by link.

Within 24 hours, I had my first dozen sales and it was all profit because I didn't even have my website completely set up yet. The start of reselling e-books gave me two very important lessons.

The first lesson is that reselling e-books could be very profitable and that having an email list or building an email list would be essential to continue selling e-books. This is a perfect time to resell e-books because every day thousands and thousands of people are switching over to iPads, Kindles, and other devices where they can read eBooks.

Today, it is super easy to find e-books with resell rights and buy them for relative little price and start making profits right away. It's been over a year now, and I am making nearly double what I was making at my old job and working one-third of the time. What I love about reselling e-books is that I don't have to depend on anyone else for helping me take care of my family.

Have You Thought Of Creating Your Own Information Products?   Learning Some Lesser Known Facts About EBook Conversion   Why There Is a Need for Creating Information Products   Avoid The Biggest Mistake Made By The Overwhelming Majority Of Aspiring E-Book Publishers   How to Write an eBook Fast and Not Fail in the Attempt   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。